Friday, August 3, 2012

Long series of short comments

A couple (*one) of my friends has been requesting more posts on here lately, so I'm gonna go ahead and just start typing and hope I can think of something interesting to say.

I shall begin with an amusing anecdote.

My sister had a band exhibition today and it was lovely. I was so proud of her and her little drum major self. She is the bee's knees. She directed, she carried the metronome around, and she marched and generally was just totally awesome. Then afterward I was chatting with one of her friends who's a total goofball, and while we were talking the staff dumped the water coolers out onto the track, which is made of red rubber stuff, and it made the track all shiny. Plus the sun was setting so it was reflecting on the water and making it silvery, and it just didn't look clear. So he said, "I'm not sure that's water," and I looked at it and it was all shiny and red and I said, (in a really creepy voice) "It's blooood." Well Collin gave me this look, and I thought he was going to say something along the lines of, "That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard," or "You're so gross," or something like that, and instead he says to me in the most serious voice, "Um, unicorn blood maybe. It's silver." As if it were the most obvious thing in the world. And it made me laugh. He really is a most wonderful thing. I love him.

My sister has the goofiest tan line on her legs because she wears braces on both knees because her knees are crooked. So now she has knee brace tans, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I'm seeing this guy named Nick now. He's a cutie. He's super sweet to me. Sometimes he seems a little slow, but he's a crazy nice person, which is good enough for me. Anybody who doesn't treat me like a piece of meat.

I made a dress this week. It's white and it has a collar. I don't know if you've ever tried to make a collar before, but IT IS REALLY HARD. It has all sorts of crazy steps and tucks and turns and it's really crazy. But the dress is gorgeous and it's all done and I'm happy.

I'm getting really tired of all the hateful politics on my Facebook. It's driving my crazy. I'm so tired of everyone being mad at everyone else. Why can't we all just get over ourselves and learn how to say, "That's fine. Let's talk about something else"? I mean, Nick isn't religious. He doesn't go to church. He doesn't worship my God. And guess what? WE GET ALONG JUST FINE. He lets me talk about my faith, says something like, "That's interesting," or "I think it's so hot that you can defend your views with well thought-out commentary." And then he might ask a question or we talk about something else. If he had a different faith I'd let him talk about it to me, but he's pretty just...areligious. He just doesn't have a faith, you know? So there's not really anything to describe. So it is possible to get along with someone who has different beliefs as long as you can manage to suppress the urge to just get mad at them for no reason.

I feel like I haven't loved people enough this summer. I got that song stuck in my head the other day, "And they'll know we are Christians by our love," and it made me remember all those people that would say, "That person is so nice, they're such a strong Christian, they're really nice to everybody," and it made me feel like I have somehow fallen short in my Christian love (not that it takes much to make me feel like a failure), but I really want to start being more loving towards people, but then I just have way too much emotional personal space to actually be nice to everyone because half the people I talk to make me feel really awkward so I make up some weird excuse to not talk to them. I'm such a hypocrite. How am I ever going to be a pastor? I can only talk to perfect people.

RECRUITMENT IS COMING UP. I'm excited. I'm gonna get littles. Or little. My pledge class is so big that if the incoming pledge class isn't big enough not everyone who wants twins will get them. I hope I get twins. I need double the surface area upon which to lavish my adoration.

So I just began this project on Facebook. I posted this status that said anybody who "likes" or comments on my status I will send them a message with everything that I like about them. Or some of the things anyway. Most people there's no way I could say everything I like about them or I'd be up all night.

That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully that will satisfy y'all for a little while. Recruitment's coming up so I won't be online a lot for a looong time.

Love y'all.
~Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment